* denotes offsite or offpage links

Working With Children Check

The WORKING WITH CHILDREN Check is a national check which is carried out by the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.  People approved by this check can then be approved to work with children. 

The following website has a reference about each state ..

http://www.careforkids.com.au/articlesv2/article.asp?ID=82   or   http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs13/rs13.html

EACH STATE has there own rules and regulation on how these work and when you can apply. 

Please contact the correct state website for more information. 

Most employers and states allow you to apply for this after accepting the job and the employers will assist with application forms.

Queensland : www.bluecard.qld.gov.au

Gives you a card called the Blue Card which last for 3 years.  Volunteers are free but a price for employees and self-employed.

New South Wales : check.kids.nsw.gov.au

Given a form by employer to fill in.  OR get a self employed Certificate which lasts for 3 years.  

Northern Territory : www.workingwithchildren.nt.gov.au

Gives you a card and notice called the Ochre Card and Clearance Notice which last for 2 years

Western Australia : www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au/default.htm

Gives you a WWC Check card which last for 3 years

Victoria : www.justice.vic.gov.au/workingwithchildren

Gives you a WWC Check card which last for 5 years and ongoing checks are made in this time.

SA, TAS and ACT : not set form to fill in but can get a police check if your employer wants it. 

I would look at the nearest state for these checks and get one from there...